Focus and Scope
Buletin Psikologi is a scientific journal that publishes non-empirical studies such as theoretical reviews and meta-analysis. Our core mission is to provide a genuine platform for knowledge sharing so that we can support researchers, academicians, and students in disseminating their non-empirical studies. We welcome articles from any psychology-related subjects that could fall under these sub-themes:
- Social Relation
- Mind, Brain, and Performance.
- Clinical Psychology
- Organizational Change and Development.
- Life Span and Development
- Psychology of Education
- DOAJ (Direction of Open Access Journal – International)
- Google Scholar (International)
- Science and Technology Index (SINTA – National)
- Indonesian Publication Index (IPI – National)
- Asian Citation Index (ACI)
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Peer Review Process
- Every submitted manuscript will be selected by the Editorial Board
- The manuscript reviewed by the reviewer will be returned to the author if corrections are required. After the authors make improvements in accordance with the input and ratings from the reviewers, then the authors must submit the revised manuscript to be re-reviewed. Editor Evaluation [some manuscripts are rejected or returned before the review process]
- The manuscript will be reviewed by an anonymous reviewer, and Reviewers are unaware of the identity of the authors (double-blind review method) and be given recommendations: Reviewing process will consider novelty, objectivity, method, scientific impact, conclusion, and references.
- The decision of whether a manuscript is approved or rejected will be decided by the Editor In Chief based on the recommendation from the reviewer in the Editorial Board meeting forum. Complete Peer Review Policy can be found on this page: Page Complete A reviewer should only review the manuscript substantially Meanwhile, technical matters such as grammar, language, examination of templates and bibliography are done by the team.
Buletin Psikologi is published twice in a year; in June and December.
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Ethics of Publication in Buletin Psikologi All parties involved in the publishing/publication process of the Buletin Psikologi. Journal managers, Editor, Mitra Bebestari, and the Author must understand and adhere to the norms/ethics of scientific publication. This statement is based on LIPI Chief Regulations No. 5 of 2014 on the Code of Ethics of Scientific Publications and also based on Rector of Universitas Gadjah Mada Regulations No. 6 / P / SK / HT 2015 on Ethics Authorship. Scientific work for publication, in essence, must uphold the three ethical values in the publication, namely; (i) Neutrality, which is free from conflict of interest in the management of publications; (ii) Justice, which gives the right of authorship to those entitled as author / authorship; and (iii) Honesty, which is free of duplication, fabrication, falsification, and plagiarism (DF2P) in the publication.
- Duplication is the publication of findings as original in more than one channel without any refinement, content update, data, and/or no reference to previous publications.
- Fabrication is the act of making data from non-existent into as if there is (falsification of research results) that is composing, recording and/or announcing the results of research without proving to have done the research process
- Falsification is to alter the data with the intention to fit the desire of the researcher (research data falsification) i.e. manipulate research materials, tools or processes, alter or exclude data or results in such a way that the research is not accurately presented in the research note.
- Plagiarism is categorized as misappropriation of ideas, thoughts, processes, objects and research results, whether in the form of data or words, including material obtained through limited research (confidential), proposed research plans and manuscripts without expressing appreciation.
- Determining Editorial Board membership.
- Defining the relationship between Publisher, Editor, Mitra Bebestari, and others in a contract.
- Respecting the things that are confidential, both for contributing researchers, Author, Editor, or Mitra Bebestari.
- Applying the norms and provisions on intellectual property rights, especially copyright.
- Reviewing the bulletin policy and submit it to the Author, Editorial Board, Mitra Bebestari, and Readers.
- Creating behavior code guides for Editor and Mitra Bebestari.
- Publishing bulletins regularly.
- Ensuring the availability of funding sources for sustainability of the issuance of bulletins.
- Establishing a network of cooperation and marketing.
- Preparing permissions and other legality aspects.
- Meeting the needs of Readers and Authors
- Seeking continuous improvement of publication quality
- Implementing processes to ensure the quality of published papers
- Prioritizing freedom of giving opinion objectively.
- Maintaining the integrity of the author’s academic track record.
- Delivering corrections, clarifications, withdrawals, and apologies as required
- Responsible for the style and format of the paper, while the contents and all statements in the paper is the responsibility of the author
- Actively seek the opinions of Authors, Readers, Mitra Bebestari, and Editorial Board members to improve the quality of publications
- Encouraging assessment of the journal if there are any findings.
- Supporting initiatives to reduce research and publication errors by having the author attach the Ethical Clearance form, Supporting initiatives to educate Researchers on the ethics of publications.
- Reviewing the effects of publications policies on the attitudes of the Author and Mitra Bebestari as well as improve them to increase responsibility and minimize errors.
- Having an open mind to new opinions or views of others who may be contrary to a personal opinion
- Trying to not defend their own opinion, author or any third party that may result in a non-objective decision.
- Encouraging the Authors, in order to make improvements in their papers until it is worth publishing.
- Receiving an assignment from the Editor to review the paper and submit the review to the Editor, as the material for determining the feasibility of a paper to be published.
- The reviewers shall not review any paper which is involving them, whether directly or indirectly.
- Maintaining the author's privacy by not disseminating the results of corrections, suggestions, and recommendations by providing criticism, suggestions, feedback, and recommendations.
- Encouraging the Authors to make improvements to the papers.
- Reviewing the papers that have been improved in accordance with the standards that have been determined.
- The papers are reviewed in time according to the standard criteria of writing scientific papers (data collection methods, author's legality, conclusions, etc.).
- Mitra Bebestari is expected to be able to identify the manuscripts published in other scientific journals, in order to avoid duplicate publication.
- In reviewing the manuscript, Mitra Bebestari should show the reasons for the rejection of a manuscript.
- Mitra Bebestari should provide constructive feedback on the received manuscript with the improvement.
- Before accepting/rejecting a manuscript, it is a must to consider whether the text is appropriate to the scientific field of a reviewer/ Mitra bebestari, and whether they are able to commit and complete the assignment by the deadline.
- The results of the review will assist the editor in deciding whether the manuscript is worthy to be published or not.
- Reviewers can summarize reviewed manuscripts by providing specific comments and suggestions, including about layout and format, Title, Abstract, Introduction, Graphical Abstract and/or Overview, Methods, statistical errors, Results, Conclusions / Discussions, Language and References. If a reviewer found a suspicion, it needs to be directly conveyed and explained to the editor as detail as possible.
- In making the recommendation of the result of a manuscript that has been reviewed, reviewers are requested to explain in detail about their reasons and considerations in deciding whether the manuscript is accepted, rejected or revised.
- Ensuring that the entries in the Authors’ list meet the criteria as Authors.
- A person listed as an author for publication should have the following criteria: (a) contribute significantly to planning, drafting, data collection, analysis, and interpretation of data; (B) contribute significantly to the preparation, revision, and finalization of the text; And (c) be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of scientific writing.
- The inclusion of a person's name as an author will be discussed early to avoid disputes (Rector of Universitas Gadjah Mada Regulations Number 6/P/SK/HT Year 2015).
- Stating the origin of the resources (including funding), either directly or indirectly.
- Explaining the limitations in the study
- Responding to comments made by Mitra Bebestari professionally and on time.
- Informing the Editor in case of retracting the manuscript that has been submitted.
- Making a statement that the manuscript submitted for publication are original, have not been published anywhere in any language, and are not in the process of submitting to other Publishers.
Screening for Plagiarism
- Plagiarism screening will be conducted using AiMOS 2.0 application system. AiMOS 2.0 is a plagiarism detection system application used to detect the same word usage between source document with comparative document (https://aimos.ugm.ac.id/user-management/auth/login).
- Plagiarism screening will also be conducted using google schoolar plagiarsm checker.
This journal utilizes the Indonesia One Search (IOS), Indonesian Scientific Journal Database (ISJD), and Indonesian Publication Index (IPI) system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration.
How to Order Buletin Psikologi
Buletin Psikologi is an Open Access Journal which allows you to copy, download, and print all published articles under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Electronic version is available at https://jurnal.ugm.ac.id/buletinpsikologi
Direct purchase, you can come to the Faculty of Psychology Universitas Gadjah Mada
Purchase online by filling the registration form to purchase/subscribe click the following link: http://ugm.id/sO
Please send proof of payment to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guide/Payment Instructions Transfer Through Mandiri Virtual Account. Look here
- Before you order printed manuscripts, please contact: email@example.com, checking the availability of bulletins.
For more responsive service and direct information on current stock and pricing, please contact us at:
Statistic Download Article
Statistic download using ALM Plugin, statistic will show on every article page. check
Section Policies of Buletin Psikologi
- Buletin Psikologi is Journal published online a year in the middle of the year (Juni) and at the end of the year (December).
- Manuscripts that can be published in Buletin Psikologi is a scientific study of theoretical review and study of non-empirical research results.
- The author whose script will be published in the Buletin Psikologi will only receive 2 copies of the printed manuscript.
- The abstract of the article worthy will be checked by a professional translator.
- The author should revise based on the reviewer's feedback within the time limit set by the Editorial Board. The Editorial Board reserves the right to improve both the content and the script of the text without altering the substance of the content.
- The publication manuscript of the thesis and dissertation should include recommendations from the relevant supervisor, stating that the manuscript deserves to be submitted to Buletin Psikologi.
Manuscript under review should not be submitted to other journals. The author who violates this rule will be banned for further submission.
Register Process and Buletin Submitted
How to Register :
- Access site: http://jurnal.ugm.ac.id/buletinpsikologi
- Click menu Register
- Then fill the form fields that have been provided
- After filling out the form then click submit
- Cek your notification email for knowing notification from Buletin Psikologi Which contains the username and password
- User name dan password using for login when author submit journal manuscript
- Journal manuscript, Author Affiliation, and correspondence have to upload.
- The manuscript must be written based on a template. if not, will not be processed further without notice.
- Please download the form template. Template Journal
- Guide Online Submission Author.pdf