Focus and scope
The purpose of this journal publication is to disseminate the conceptual thoughts and ideas or research results that have been achieved in the area of library and information.
BIP (Berkala Ilmu Perpustakaan dan Informasi), with registered number ISSN 1693-7740 (printed), ISSN 2477-0361 (on line) is a multidisciplinary journal in the national level that covered many main problems in the science of library and information discussion. Specifically, BIP focuses on the main problems in the development of the science of library and information areas as follows
- Theoretical and general aspects of libraries and information;
- Information use and sociology of information;
- Users, literacy and reading;
- Libraries as physical collections;
- Publishing and legal issues;
- Library Management;
- Industry, profession and education;
- Information sources, supports, channels;
- Information treatment for information services;
- Technical services in libraries, archives, museum;
- Housing technologies, and
- Information technology and library technology.